POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials :  : Server Time
1 May 2024 18:53:07 EDT (-0400)
From: Me  :)
Date: 30 Dec 1999 22:24:19
Message: <386c21e3@news.povray.org>
Greetings pov'ers

I am at my wits end now....
What I'm trying to get is fog with *visible* turbulence.
Like when it starts raining on a hot day, and the steam rises off the road,
with cars driving by, you get this swirling 'turbulence' effect in the
steam.
I have messed around for hours with fog, and ground-fog, but I just can't
seem to get the turbulence even to an extent where you can see it.
So now I'm calling out to the masses for help.  :)
Anybody with an idea or a piece of source that can do this, would really
make my day.
And speaking of rain...  any ideas on how to create reasonably acceptable
rain / snow / hail  without having to create millions of separate objects ??
Ken ... ??  You seem to be the 'resident' expert ?? *hint hint*  ;)
Thanx in advance !!

Ciao for now, and a WONDERFUL new year to all !!
May the next millenium bring pc's that can render *any* scene
in less than 10 seconds...     ;)
--
Charl Rousseau
Email : Lut### [at] mailboxcoza  or  Lut### [at] hotmailcom